Reasons our buyers love EXLA
• Often located in prime positions near tube stations, bus routes and amenities.
• They were built as homes and not for profit, meaning they often offer larger room sizes, solid buildings and plenty of storage options.
• More “rooms per pound” means buy-to-let investors can get better yields.
• The size and layout often means more bedrooms can easily be created increasing value and rental return
• Local Authorities charge peppercorn ground rents (eliminating costly lease extensions) and service charges tend to be more reasonable.
• Since 2014, the prices of ex-local authority properties in certain parts of London have actually risen faster than those in private homes and new-build developments.
• As right-to-buy continues, more and more flats in council blocks are becoming privately owned, making mortgages easier to obtain, increasing the capital appreciation of your investment as time goes on.